Too Busy ..

... or really, just enough busy and I don't want to add anything more to my list.  So, the photos from yesterday won't be getting posted unless I find myself with some free time that I don't want to fill any other way. I'll get them up this weekend, I hope.

Today the boys are hanging out with a friend. They walked to their friend's house, walked to the comic book store, and then walked here. Right now they are playing Yu-Gi-Oh in T-Guy's room.

In the past I would have said that the day before Thanksgiving is far too busy and stressful to add in visiting with a friend, but I was wrong. The boys are happy and I have some space to get what I need to do done.

It was an easy morning; we took it slow and I even made time for a long hot bath. I made an unexpected run to the store for saline solution and it wasn't as crowded as I thought it might be. So now I have saline solution and I don't have to worry about going out this weekend.

So, today/tonight I baked and prepped. Tomorrow I cook and then we feast. If there is time after our meal (I don't want to rush anyone out of here) we'll pile into the car and drive to my dad's house for dessert. I'm not mentioning that to the boys though, because they'd be making not so subtle hints that people at our house my want to hit the road. Not that they don't like the people visiting here; it's just that there won't be any other children at our celebration (our nephews on this side of the family live in Belgium and are nearly adults, a mind boggling thing to contemplate). The boys are all about cousins and my sister and one of my brother's will be at my dad's house with their children.

I'm calm. It feels a little weird not to be stressed and worrying; I know I have accepted that things don't have to be perfect and I have paced what I am doing, but still, I'm not accustomed to the lack of cortisol coursing through my body the day before a big holiday. I hope the feeling of calm lasts!

Comments

Popular Posts