Little Bit of Loveliness

Thrifting is one of my favorite out-of-the-house activities. It isn't so much about the thrill of getting a good deal (though that feels good too) as much as it is finding something vintage and bringing it into my home to be loved and appreciated.

T-Guy and I found these spools of goodness on Labor Day; Papa and J-Baby were terribly ill all weekend and by Monday I really wanted to get out of the house if just for an hour. T-guy is a great thrifting buddy because he appreciates all the great old stuff we see. Sometimes he will spot an old sewing machine before I do!

On major holidays our biggest thrift store sells everything for 50% off. The bag of vintage crochet and tatting threads was $1.97 after the discount. The large vintage enamelware casserole dish? We found that too! It was $1.49 after the discount; it has some interior chips so I won't use it for food, but enamelware is one of my loves and I think it looks fantastic filled with thread.

The pile of creamy sweetness in the upper right of the top photo is two 4 ft. lengths of hand-tatted lace. I'm not sure what I will use it on but I am so glad that I bought it; I hate to think of someone tossing out what represents hours and hours of someone's life.

Comments

Popular Posts