Grade 4, Week 10, Day 4 ~ Simplicity in Action

Have I mentioned how much I love the return to the method of teaching in blocks? My brain is no longer trying to juggle so many different things; there is the main lesson subject, the subject we are reawakening, and the subject they are practicing for mastery, as well as the skills they are practicing. Of course, there is the subject that is sleeping, but I don't have to think about it at all. There is art and music, but they also happen naturally so I don't fret if we don't get to something.

Journaling
Continuing Practice: Subtraction with Regrouping
Assigned Reading: Indian Legends
Concepts Awakened: Singular and Plural Nouns
Main Lesson: Measurement
Skills Practice: Typing Lesson and Multiplication Tables
Afternoon Lesson: Gardening (watering the soil in preparation for planting)
Other Subjects: Independent (Free) Reading and Social Studies (A History of US)

Comments

Popular Posts